Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fresh tomato and carrot soup!!

Hello all, so the vacations have started and so is my little break from cooking (thats what I think)!!
But no how can I ever get relief from cooking?? as back home in India as soon as I reach,my family here,my sisters and friends all start expecting that I will treat all with variety of dishes...and so the task of cooking begins here too on India....!!
Yes,I am on vacations,in India,with my family...and very much in the kitchen...! but I enjoy it all the more as when my family here appreciates whatever I cook for them its an altogether different feeling...!!coming to today's recipe I am posting, this I made back in Dubai and when I was scrolling down my phone gallery yesterday came across this pic and remebered that I didn't post it for u all...so without much ado a simple yet yummy and of course very healthy soup for u all...
Ingredients:
Serves 4

4 big tomatoes
1 big carrot
1 small poatato
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic (optional)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
Cream to garnish  (optional)
1 Brown bread slice

Method:
Chop all the vegies and pressure cook them with cumin seeds 1/s tsp salt until 4 whistles, remove from flame and let it sit until all the steam is released from the cooker,
Open the lid and pulp all the vegies with the stick blender (if u dont have one u can pulp all in a mixer also)..remove and strain from a strainer to remove any skin or seeds and get a smooth and silky puree...Now in a deep pan put butter and pour all the pureed mix and let it cook and thicken a bit add pepper and sugar(sugar is added as the tomato soup can be a bit sour to a lot of people's palate) to it and let it simmer and thicken to ur desired consistency (some like it very thick and some medium)
For the croutons to be served over it toast the bread in the toaster (the old school method of frying is out now)and cut in small cubes...
Served the soup in a deep dish garnish with a kittle pepper and cream and serve toasted croutons alongside...!!enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment