Sunday, June 26, 2016

Dry fruit Biscotti!!


There was a time when I use to be not very confident with baking...But now that I have started trying my handson it and have succeded in most of them...my confidence and interest in baking is increasing day by day....I enjoy baking a lot more than before now....there is an all together different feeling when u bake and the most special part is ur house smells devine....!!
This recipe I had saved long time back and when last week my hubby told me we have a lot of dry fruits kept why dont U use them and create something...then I decided this is the best I could do with them....plus point: it is super yummy and indulgent and minus is you cant stop eating it...!! And now I have made another batch to take to India for my family there...this time sweets and biscuits homemade...!!
RECIPE:
 
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar(granualated)
3/4 cup butter(unsalted)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup dry fruits
(I used mix of prunes,cranberry,strawberry(all dry),cashew and walnuts)
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla essence
 
METHOD:
Preheat oven at 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking sheet,now take a large mixing bowl and add butter and sugar and mix them till creamy consistency,now add eggs and mix them well,add flour lemon zest baking powder to it and mix well again for a minute now add all the dry fruits finely chopped and mix them well.

The batter will become a bit thick and tight by now...which is correct so no worries..

 
now spread the batter in 2 lines or logs 5 inch away from each other and level it down so that it is about 5 cm broad and and bake it for 20-25 min...
 
after this pull out the logs and cute them into thin biscuits and aline them on the baking tray again to second bake it for 10-15 mins pull out let them cool down and crisp up

 
...store them in an airtight container and enjoy with tea or coffee!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment